[jdt-core-dev] Why/how did suite ReconcilerTests ever pass?

Hi Team,

while trying to understand
  http://bugs.eclipse.org/534091 - [9] ReconcilerTests.testConvertPrimitiveTypeArrayTypeArgument fails as part of the suite
I'm at loss as to why this started to fail only recently.

On my machine I'm not able to find a previous version of JDT
where the test passes, neither on Java 9 nor 1.8.
Checking out M6 from git, running everything in a 4.7.2 workspace,
nothing lets me see the test pass anymore.

Hence my question: does this test suite pass locally for any of you
when you enable testConvertPrimitiveTypeArrayTypeArgument()
(was recently disabled to allow for successful gerrit builds)?

If it passes, was testChangeSourceLevel2() executed *before*
the test in question?

On gerrit the last success in this suite (before disabling
the test) was:
  https://ci.eclipse.org/jdt/job/eclipse.jdt.core-Gerrit/798/
From April 23rd.

cheers,