From: Simon Urli <simon.urli@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jdt-core-dev] Questions about the usage of module with JDT 3.13.50
Date: Fri, Dec 1, 2017 7:28 PM

Hello,

I'm using the JDT core library for an open-source projet which analyzes
and transform java source code (for more information:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_INRIA_spoon_&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=LuMqcl3PU0i2olgTvkVvFthzqyc_3wGfGooplpAvFsc&m=Gl_FXaBCJSXf-rdftSgWuMKs33e0kY5ZS1eK2UCKCfI&s=byG3ERisF-ThmDKjUWjXT3WkjH37IuJ4ZoH14aTuAhQ&e=)

I'm trying to put in our library the concept of java modules introduced
by JDK9. I saw that with the release of JDT 3.13.50, this concept is
available in JDT through ModuleDeclaration.

But I have some issues when using JDT with modules.
So first of all: is there any documentation about the usage of JDT core
which documents module, module declaration and anything related to those
concepts? It could help me a lot for the future :)

Secondly: I saw that there is new arguments "-module-source-path" and
"-module-path" in JDT. What are the differences between them? And are
they useful when building a project with a unique module?

Apparently in https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bugs.eclipse.org_bugs_show-5Fbug.cgi-3Fid-3D487421-23c2&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=LuMqcl3PU0i2olgTvkVvFthzqyc_3wGfGooplpAvFsc&m=Gl_FXaBCJSXf-rdftSgWuMKs33e0kY5ZS1eK2UCKCfI&s=ghi186tKEs7pbbfGqtFc0g-u0Ah3qrClEie0gWg47ls&e=
Jay Arthanareeswaran said that module-source-path should not be used for
single module: should this comment be taken as a documentation?

For information, I tried to use JDT on a simple projet with one module
and I have errors like "The package XXX does not exist or is empty".
I spotted that a bug
(https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bugs.eclipse.org_bugs_show-5Fbug.cgi-3Fid-3D525603&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=LuMqcl3PU0i2olgTvkVvFthzqyc_3wGfGooplpAvFsc&m=Gl_FXaBCJSXf-rdftSgWuMKs33e0kY5ZS1eK2UCKCfI&s=-pXuZgCnGQvaYRHxb6rsxT_TT3NNLFYcYZf6AHsE4sc&e=) like this has
been fixed recently, so I imagine my error will be fixed to the next
release... which led me to the next question:

is there already a planned date for the next maven release of JDT?

Finally, in my library I'm trying to assign to each type the module it
belongs to: is there a way to know from a TypeDeclaration or its
CompilationUnit scope in which module the type is declared?

Thanks for your clarification,

Simon.