[jdt-core-dev] Java 9 Module flag/toggle

Hi,

I've been testing the Java 9 branch of jdt and it took me a while to figure out that adding jar dependencies needed to manually switch a Module toggle in the Buildpath properties page.
I expected dependencies to be automatically flagged as modules, whether they're true Java 9 modules or automodules.
On the other hand, all dependencies that are workspace projects are automatically toggled as Modules, regardless of their module status.

Is there a reason that all binary dependencies must be manually flagged manually or is it an oversight? I'll open a bug if it's the latter.

Also, does it mean m2e, Buildship and other downstream projects will have to add the flag module (automatically) to all (relevant) classpath entries?

Thanks,

Fred

And if that fails, then http://goo.gl/tnBgH5

Back to the top