[jdt-core-dev] Plan for merging a / the new lookup?

Hi Team,

A lot of changes have accumulated in bug 517808 [1][2].

I kindly ask to put priority on

- deciding whether this approach is suitable for the task

- merging the change as soon as it is approx. on a par with HEAD wrt tests

- testing

- fine tuning for all relevant corner cases

OTOH, I wouldn't want to merge this, if anyone feels uneasy about
the big change.

Still some reasons for pushing this: several other bugs touch areas
that have been significantly changed in bug 517808, so we are at risk
of solving the same problems twice. Also, anything that goes into
BETA_JAVA9 at this point, potentially causes merge conflict in
bug 517808 that cannot be resolved mechanically.

Do you have any other priorities before we can address this?

thanks,
Stephan

PS: I'm happy to see the cleanup of test failures in BETA_JAVA9 -
trying to catch up in my bug as well. At this point results from
Jenkins are a bit more complete, since more test suites are run.
Still I don't see any traces of JDK9 being used on Jenkins.
Notably:
   [INFO] Toolchain in tycho-eclipserun-plugin: JDK[/opt/public/common/jdk1.8.0_x64-latest/jre]
Has Sravan recovered from the release, so we can ask him for help? :)

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/517808 -  [9][compiler] Implement lookup (module, package, type) based on the 2017-05-25 version of JLS
[2] https://git.eclipse.org/r/98621

Back to the top