Re: [jdt-core-dev] Bug spotted when compiling a lambda project

Please check whether the bug is reported in bugzilla and if not, report it.

Thanks,
Dani

From:        Simon Urli <simon.urli@xxxxxxxx>
To:        jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        30.01.2017 15:04
Subject:        [jdt-core-dev] Bug spotted when compiling a lambda project
Sent by:        jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

we currently use JDT in our project Spoon
(
https://github.com/INRIA/spoon), in order to build our own Java AST
model before doing some transformation. Recently we had an issue when
using Spoon on a project which define lambda utilities:
https://github.com/palatable/lambda

Then I just tried to compile the project in IntelliJ using Eclipse
compiler and it shows some errors (13 precisely) like:

Error:(65, 27) java: Type mismatch: cannot convert from new
com.jnape.palatable.lambda.adt.coproduct.CoProduct2<A,B>(){} to
capture#8-of ? extends
com.jnape.palatable.lambda.adt.coproduct.CoProduct2<A,B>

Please note that the project compile well using javac with JDK 8.
I'm using in IntelliJ Eclipse compiler 4.6.1 and in Spoon we are using
the following JDT dependency:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.eclipse.jdt.core</artifactId>
      <version>3.12.0.v20160516-2131</version>
    </dependency>

I'm not sure if it's a known bug, or if it raises compilation error by
choice as some operation are unchecked here.
You can find attached the entire list of errors.

Regards,
Simon.
--
Simon Urli