[jdt-core-dev] module-info.java in PDE-Projects

Hi,

To gain access to JavaFX in PDE managed projects I have to create a
module-info.java file.

At the very moment I do that all of the classes provided through the
PDE-Classpath-Container fail to resolve (note auto-complete still shows
them, navigating to them still works, ...).

All imports show "The import ... cannot be resolved". Too me it looks
like as if a module-info.java is in the projects it's the one and only
authority to define the classpath of a project and other
classpath-containers are not taken into account any more.

Am I right on that?
Is that by design?

Is there another way to gain access to modules you don't take into
account by default beside adding a module-info.java?

I guess (in future) there have to be another way because defining a
module-info.java means i really want to define a Java9-Module which i
don't want, all I want is to make my code compile and then run inside an
OSGi-Application who runs as an unnamed-module and hence is able to
access all java-modules by default.

Tom

--
Thomas Schindl, CTO