From:        Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        17.01.2017 08:53
Subject:        Re: [jdt-core-dev] Java9 Beta Branch
Sent by:        jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Ok so now that I can at least create a simple HelloWorld. I tried to use
JavaFX but it looks like I can not reference any of the classes in the
javafx-modules.

On the other hand I can reference things like JPanel, ... . Is there
anything special I need to do to reference those classes.

Having access to javafx-modules is of high importance for us because we
need to make sure e(fx)clipse is compatible with JDK9. This does not
only affect e(fx)clipse who is part of the release train but also other
projects like GEF4 who depend on us.

Tom

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.7-P-builds/

mailto:jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jigsaw-dev/2016-December/010383.html

>>> Here Remi is only reacting to a class file change, but indeed he mentions
>>>    "setting the class name to null instead of 'module-info'"
>>> Mh, he says NPE, I see AIOOBE <shrug>
>>>
>>> What's the origin of that change? I don't know.
>>> Stephan

>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.classfmt.ClassFileReader.<init>(ClassFileReader.java:449)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.classfmt.ClassFileReader.<init>(ClassFileReader.java:178)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.ClasspathJrt.acceptModule(ClasspathJrt.java:173)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.ClasspathJrt$2.visitModule(ClasspathJrt.java:152)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.ClasspathJrt$2.visitModule(ClasspathJrt.java:1)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.JrtFileSystem$1.preVisitDirectory(JRTUtil.java:343)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.JrtFileSystem$1.preVisitDirectory(JRTUtil.java:1)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.JrtFileSystem.walkModuleImage(JRTUtil.java:331)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.JRTUtil.walkModuleImage(JRTUtil.java:147)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.ClasspathJrt.loadModules(ClasspathJrt.java:132)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.ClasspathJrt.<init>(ClasspathJrt.java:74)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.ClasspathLocation.forLibrary(ClasspathLocation.java:60)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.ClasspathLocation.forLibrary(ClasspathLocation.java:66)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.NameEnvironment.computeClasspathLocations(NameEnvironment.java:233)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.NameEnvironment.<init>(NameEnvironment.java:56)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.JavaBuilder.initializeBuilder(JavaBuilder.java:604)
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.JavaBuilder.build(JavaBuilder.java:169)
>>> org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:735)
>>> org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:206)
>>> org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:246)
>>> org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:301)
>>> org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:304)
>>> org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:360)
>>> org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:383)
>>> org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:142)
>>> org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:232)

Thomas Schindl, CTO
BestSolution.at EDV Systemhaus GmbH
Eduard-Bodem-Gasse 5-7, A-6020 Innsbruck
http://www.bestsolution.at/
Reg. Nr. FN 222302s am Firmenbuchgericht Innsbruck