[jdt-core-dev] newindex branch merged to master

It's done!

After two years of work, I've finally merged the new indexer into master. We can all start using and building upon it now (horray)!

Hopefully there are no serious breakages, but this was an enormous high-risk change so some breakages are likely. If you do see something broken and you suspect the index, please file a bug and I'll look into it. There should also be a preference in the UI shortly that will allow you to disable the new index, and you can use that to test if the index is the cause of whatever problem you're having.

My original plan was to push the branch directly, but the eclipse.org git server didn't like the fact that there were some historical commits on my branch authored by atrookey, sprigogin, and also by myself with another account name... so I used an interactive rebase instead. For this reason, the merge will show up as a large number of incoming commits authored by me.

Thanks a lot to all the hard-working JDT committers who offered suggestions and code reviews while I worked on this.

  - Stefan

Back to the top