Re: [jdt-core-dev] [platform-releng-dev] Problem with P2 repository of Eclipse JDK9 extension

[resending, as I messed up an address on first one.]

On 08/26/2016 04:53 PM, Daniel Latrémolière wrote:
Hello, I have a small problem with the P2 repository of Eclipse JDK9 extension located at:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.6-P-builds/

My installation of JDK9 extension is blocked to first June release and don't discover more recent versions listed in directory contents. I think this is due to the XML files inside "compositeArtifacts.jar" and "compositeContent.jar" (in P2 repository) which does not have references to the latest releases of JDK9 extension: "P20160609-0900", "P20160616-0900", "P20160623-0900", "P20160822-1119".

This is, probably, intentional. We do not typically update the composites until the JDT team and/or PMC gives the "all clear" since the composite site is what feeds the "Market Place" version. So we need to be sure a particular update is well tested and intended before putting into the composite (i.e. not automatically added).

Did you "just happen to see them" and think maybe you should get up do date? Or do you know of a fix that went into one of them, and wanted to install it to test the fix? (If the latter, you can simply add a new software site in your IDE pointing to that specific URL to get that one version ("at your own risk"). :)

I have CC'd the jdt-core-dev list as they would be the ones to know for sure what version should be available via the composite site.

Thanks for asking,

Back to the top