Re: [jdt-core-dev] Merging the new index

Hi Stefan

I suggest Manoj does the requested review and if that goes well we can merge. Does the merge require Stephan's change?

Dani

From:        Stefan Xenos <sxenos@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse JDT Core developers list." <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        08.06.2016 18:41
Subject:        [jdt-core-dev] Merging the new index
Sent by:        jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

So I understand that master is now unfrozen for 4.7 development. Please correct me if I misunderstood.

Now that it is, I'd like to merge the new index branch into master so more folks can start exercising and contributing to the code.

I'm speaking specifically of the code related to bug 481796.

Before I do, I'll need some help with a few items:

Stephan Herrmann: We need to resolve bug 490010 since the newindex branch depends on decoupling external annotation processing from ClassFileReader.

Manoj Palat: I've made a number of updates to the newindex branch over the past few weeks and the changes could use code reviews.

Dani Megert: Could you confirm that it would be acceptable to merge the branches at this time?

Anyone from JDT UI: I'll need this patch merged into the UI repository: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/65507/ -- it adds the UI toggle that enables the new index.

jdt-core-dev mailing list
jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jdt-core-dev