The JDT Core team, to my knowledge, always import the projects as PDE bundles. But it'll be interesting to hear from others if this has been done before.

Regards,
Jay

Inactive hide details for Daniel Megert ---06/25/2015 01:44:13 PM---Hi Gérard This might help: https://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_CorDaniel Megert ---06/25/2015 01:44:13 PM---Hi Gérard This might help: https://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_Core_Committer_FAQ

From: Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse JDT Core developers list." <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/25/2015 01:44 PM
Subject: Re: [jdt-core-dev] Potential new contributor
Sent by: jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Gérard

This might help:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_Core_Committer_FAQ

Dani

From:
Gerard Paligot <gerard.paligot@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
"jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
25.06.2015 09:09
Subject:
[jdt-core-dev] Potential new contributor
Sent by:
jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I'm Gérard Paligot. I'm a contributor on an open source project which uses JDT to analyse and transform Java source code (
Spoon for interested).

Recently, I report few bugs useful for Spoon (i.e. issues
here or here) but I'm interested to contribute directly.

I made some research to know how contribute on JDT Core. Finally, I found the git URL but the project is impossible to install (mvn install). I have some missing dependencies:

[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:

[ERROR]   Software being installed: org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool 1.1.0.qualifier

[ERROR]   Missing requirement: org.eclipse.jdt.core 3.11.0.qualifier requires 'bundle org.eclipse.core.filesystem [1.0.0,2.0.0)' but it could not be found

[ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool 1.1.0.qualifier depends on: bundle org.eclipse.jdt.core [3.3.0,4.0.0)

[ERROR]

[ERROR] See
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Dependency_Resolution_Troubleshooting for help.
[ERROR] Cannot resolve dependencies of MavenProject: org.eclipse.jdt:org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT @ /Users/gerard/Documents/workspace/jdt-core-github/org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool/pom.xml: See log for details -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MavenExecutionException

Do you have some ideas to resolve these dependencies? And what is the process to open a Pull Request and where?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

-- Gérard