From:        "Pavel Samolisov" <samolisov@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/04/2014 04:50 PM
Subject:        [jdt-core-dev] Could not compile        org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler\src\org\eclipse\jdt\core\tests\junit\extension\TestCase.java        from master
Sent by:        jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello guys!

I try build JDT and Eclipse Platform from sources (updated now from the Eclipse Git repo, ‘master’ branch) with maven as documented in [1] and got follows error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:0.20.0:compile (default-compile) on project org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] C:\Work\Develop\J\z\eclipse.jdt.core\org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.compiler\src\org\eclipse\jdt\core\tests\junit\extension\TestCase.java:[622]
[ERROR] List bytecodeOrderedTestNames = OrderedTestSuite.getBytecodeOrderedTestNames(evaluationTestClass);
[ERROR] The method getBytecodeOrderedTestNames(Class) is undefined for the type OrderedTestSuite
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

The org.eclipse.test.OrderedTestSuite class into the ‘master’ branch have the getBytecodeOrderedTestNames() method! May be JDT using compiled version of `eclipse.platform.releng`, but I don’t know how to switch build on the actual version of the ‘OrderedTestSuite’ class. Can you help me?

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Platform_Build

С уважением,
Самолысов Павел Евгеньевич
+7 (925) 144 76 82