[jdt-core-dev] CompilationResult simpleNameReferences and rootReferences

Can somebody point me at relevant documentation or any other source of
information that explains the difference between CompilationResult
simpleNameReferences and rootReferences?

For example, in case of SomeClass below, 'Foo' is reported as simple
reference. Fair enough.

   class SomeClass {
      Foo foo;
   }

However, in case of SomeOtherClass below, 'foo.Bar' is reported as root
reference 'foo' and as two simple references 'foo' and 'Bar'.

   class SomeOtherClass {
     foo.Bar bar;
   }

Why 'foo' is reported as both root and simple reference? Why 'Bar' is
reported is simple reference? I obviously miss something and I'll
appreciate any pointers. Thank you in advance.

Igor

Back to the top