Re: [jdt-core-dev] New Joiner Questions

Hi Kevin,

First of all, thanks a lot for contributing!

I think you have the right procedure, as JDT does not use Gerrit, so it's good ol' Bugzilla. If you are not changing code, I guess the test requirement do not apply as you are very unlikely to break anything -- a committer will ensure this of course.

As for the rewrite package, it's not "code rot", it's a feature! AST rewriting is used when making programmatic code edits like it is done in e.g. refactorings.
As far as I know there is no or only very little dead or abandoned code in JDT.

Thanks again,
Jesper