[jdt-core-dev] Current state of BETA_JAVA8

Hi,

I wanted to give the BETA_JAVA8 branch a try today to test how lambda
and friends feel but although the editor marks no errors the generated
byte code is not working at all.

My test sample is quite simple:

> package test;
>
> public class TestSimple {
>
> 	private static void testCall(Runnable r) {
> 		System.err.println("Runnable: " + r);
> 		r.run();
> 	}
>
> 	public static void main(String[] args) {
> 		testCall(() -> { System.err.println("Hello World"); });
> 	}
>
> }

but only null is passed as the Runnable. Looking at the byte-code I see
ACONST_NULL being generated and passed to testCall. Is there any
timeframe we can expect lambdas to work in JDT?

It would be nice if there would be a feature matrix of stuff
implemented, pending, ... instead of browsing all the bug reports who
link to sub reports, ...

Tom

tom schindl                 geschäftsführer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5-7/1   A-6020 innsbruck     fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.BestSolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top