Re: [jdt-core-dev] how to use pre-build jdt index files?

Thanks for your reply.

> It can contribute to eclipse performance since indexing time is saved in the presence
> of prebuilt index files. Thus you should see better startup times if a project uses
> large static jars. Of course improvements will be noticeable only if indexing time
> is significant in the first place.

But from my experience, whole startup time is longer when I use existed index files.

Index time should be significant, if not use pre-built index files, all index files would be 90mb.

Currently, eclipse generated index files only 16mb.

It means we reused about 74mb index files.

I did see indexing seems to be blocked for about 1 minute.

I’m not sure whether jdt index has bug in reuse existed index mechanism or not.

Regards

Simon