[jdt-core-dev] Question about "ASTNode.bits"

Hi! Community.

I always thanks for you guys great jobs on JDTs. Really thank you.

I am developing source instrumentation plugin for JDT.

I have one question about “org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ast.ASTNode.bits”

I have seen that internal ASTNode has bits field for capture various informations(useful semantic informations for my work).
But, unfortunately DOM ASTNode didn't have it(bits flag for semantic informations).

I think there are reasons for that?
Please let me know? Why?

Especially, whether statement is dead or not is good information for instrumentation functionals.

Can I hacking ASTConverter?

Best Regards,

Minhyuk, Kwon