[jdt-core-dev] JDT core ASTMatcher comparing 'Long' variables

Hello,

I recently came along this incident when using the JDT core ASTMatcher,
which kind of confused me---I compare two compilation units through

sourceUnit.subtreeMatch(matcher, targetUnit)

which turn out not no be equal, but what these two units distinguish is
only a single character. The first unit contains the line

   private static final long serialVersionUID = 1l;

while this line in the second unit looks like

and otherwise, the two units are identical. Is this "difference"
appropriate (aka. where is the syntactical/semantical difference between
"1l" and "1L") or not?

Kind regards,
Johannes Tietje

Back to the top