[jdt-core-dev] Queries regarding search api's in jdt

Hello,
      I am trying to implement the eclipse plugin which will do the search
of the specified string in the workspace that will be present at runtime.
For that I am using jdt api's that is SearchEngine, SearchPattern,etc.
classes for the same. Now I found that with the help of these api's I can do
the search of the field (member variable of class) but didn't find anything
which can do the search of the local variable of the member function of the
class and its references.

      So I wanted to ask if there is any way to do the search of local
variables with the help of jdt api's. If it is not possible with jdt then
please suggest any other alternatives.