[jdt-core-dev] Whitespace in Parser.java

Hi,

The code cleanup performed during the 3.5 cycle globally removed
trailing white space. I just noticed that the fix for bug 134615
re-inserted tons of white space simply because that's the way
jikespg generates the consumeRule() method.
While this is probably not a problem for the core development,
for me maintaining a branch of the jdt.core this causes significant
extra work during merging.

So, am I asking too much when suggesting that you might
keep the version generated by jikespg and _exclude_ this file
from future clean-up?

This would help me greatly.

On a similar note: class CompletionEngine is becoming more
and more cumbersome to maintain. Am I the only one having
trouble working with a source file > 12000 lines of code?
I recently spent two full days on merging two versions of
just this one file. The Compare editor operates at its limits
(I'd say - beyond) with this size of a file.

Would you be interested if I made a proposal for splitting this
file into -- say -- 4-6 smaller ones? (After Galileo GA, obviously ;-)

best,
Stephan

Back to the top