Re: [jdt-core-dev] Out of date FAQ entry on external contributions

Thanks John. This is now fixed (inspired from your FAQ that was obviously inspired by our :-) ).

The changes are: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=JDT_Core_Committer_FAQ&diff=125990&oldid=122010

Jerome

John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

23/10/2008 09:49 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT Core developers list." <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[jdt-core-dev] Out of date FAQ entry on external contributions

I noticed the FAQ entry on handling contributions is out of date:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_Core_Committer_FAQ#What_about_contributions_by_non-committers.3F

The FAQ says to use the "contributed" keyword. In 3.5 we moved to the Eclipse Foundation's automatic IP log system, which uses the "iplog+" flag on the contributed attachment. See here for details:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Automatic_IP_Log

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-dev/msg08253.html

John