Re: [jdt-core-dev] question about using ecj embedded

Right now, we do not assume the classpath would be the same in the next compiler instance invocation.
Would you please enter a bug report against JDT/Core, we may want to investigate this performance item.
Please also explain there exactly how you invoke ECJ.

Thanks.

"Geir Magnusson Jr." <geir@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/17/2008 05:20 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT Core developers list." <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[jdt-core-dev] question about using ecj embedded

We're using ecj w/in an appserver to do just-in-time compliation.  We
have a pool of compiler instances that we use.

It appears that ecj reads the classpath every time, and it's very
expensive.

Is there a way to tell ecj to not do this?

tia

geir