Re: [jdt-core-dev] XML format of PREF_VM_XM

The API for adding a JRE is limited - the XML format is *NOT* API. You
can:

* create a VMStandin based on an existing VM or VM type.
* set it's attributes
* call convertToRealVM

Darin

"Ogechi Nnadi" <onnadi3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
07/04/2007 03:34 PM
Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT Core developers list." <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[jdt-core-dev] XML format of PREF_VM_XM

Hello all,

I am writing a plug-in that will automatically locate installed JREs
on a system and add them to the JDTs list of installed JREs. I found
out that they are stored in JavaRuntime's preferences under the key,
PREF_VM_XML but I don't know the format in which these are stored. I
would have used the VMDefinitionsContainer but I can't since it is in
an internal package.

Could you please tell me where I can find the XML format in which the
JRE list is stored, or some other way I can modify this list?

Thanks,

Oge Nnadi.