[jdt-core-dev] loading the apt plugin

The annotation processing (apt) plugin we're working on wants to be
loaded at approximately the same time that org.eclipse.jdt.core is
loaded - that is, as soon as there's some Java being
viewed/edited/built/parsed.  We need to get loaded in order to register
an IElementChangedListener.

So far I have not found any appropriate extension points to extend, to
get loaded at the right time.  We have no UI, and we may be needed
before the user initiates a build.  In a perfect world there would be an
"org.eclipse.jdt.core.registerListeners" extension point - or, OSGi
would support a piggyback "load me as soon as plugin 'X' gets loaded"
option - but I'll settle for just about anything.

Can anyone suggest a graceful solution?

Thanks,
  -Walter Harley
   BEA Systems Inc.