[jdt-core-dev] convert ASTNode to IMethod

Hello -- I would like to convert an ASTNode to an IMethod.  Specifically, I want to convert an ASTNode of type MethodDeclaration to an IMethod.  The documentation states that an IJavaElement of type Method can be cast to an IMethod.  I thought that this could be another path for getting to an IMethod.  But I have not found a way to make this happen.

Thank You,
Alexis OConnor

Do you Yahoo!?