[jdt-core-dev] extending JDT builder

Does anyone know how feasible this is and where I should start poking around in the code?

I would like to create a new Java Builder to replace the JDT builder for the sole purpose of supporting finely grained classpaths at the source folder and file level.  For example, in the below project structure, I would like to set up the following classpaths:

1.  Everything in src1 only depends on the JRE
2.  Everything in src2 only depends on the JRE and src1
3.  A only depends on the JRE
4.  B only depends on the JRE and src1

This new builder would need to compile each artifact with its specific classpath.  My hope is that this new builder could reuse the JDT builder and replace the type resolution portion.  This same type resolution code would need to replace that used by JDT in general to keep the Java Editor working properly.

Thank you,

Jason A. Sholl
jsholl@xxxxxxxxxx
919-543-0011 (t/l 441-0011)