[jdt-core-dev] Testing for 3.1M3

Items are listed in order of priorities. If a defect is found, a bug should
be entered. Its milestone should be set to M3 if regression from M2 (will
categorize on thursday) to drag attention.

=================

Kent
- check the 6% performance regression in our full-source workspace building
scenario (see perf test, or ask Jerome)
   may need to instrument the code to find out where time consumption
occurred
- check 1.5 support:
   - incremental building optimal ?
   - check 64 errors in src libs 1.5 to find bugs in existing support (as
opposed to lack of autoboxing etc...),
      augment GenericTypeTest (with disabled tests) when possible

Olivier
- check latest JCK1.5 results for regressions (we pass more, but could fail
a couple we used to pass)
- challenge access restrictions
    - both in build and reconcile scenarii
    - check access rules composition across container or project exports
(ask Jerome or Frederic if unclear)
    - check deltas when classpath refresh
    - check codeassist filtering on restricted access content
- check syntax recovery with 1.5 code
- verify M3 bugs

Jerome
- check reconciling 1.5 code (SourceTypeConverter)
    - generic methods, with parameter bounds
    - varargs
    - static imports
    - vs. build errors (should be the same)
- check search in 1.5 code (enums, generics, varargs, static imports)

David
- verify M3 bugs

Frederic
- enum support
    - compiling
    - syntax recovery
    - search
    - formatting
    - open type dialog
    - codeassist (crashes?)
- check bug inbox for issues which got addressed with v_518 (if any),
augment GenericTypeTest if applicable
- verify M3 bugs

Back to the top