[jdt-core-dev] Bug prefixes

In order to help us to classify bugs and take them into account
more quickly and more efficiently, we decided to prefix them.

Here's the list of prefixes we intend to use for JDT/Core bugs:

Prefix        Bug related to
------        --------------
[1.5]         JDK 1.5 dvpt
[classpath]   Classpaths
[compiler]    Compiler (syntax, code gen, etc...)
[options]     Compiler options
[prefs]       JavaCore preferences
[javadoc]     Javadoc comments
[search]      Search (engine, participant, etc...)
[vm]          VM bug occurring in JDT/Core (no action)
[index]       Indexing + search in indexes
[builder]     Java Builder
[select]      Code select
[assist]      Code assist
[format]      Code formatter
[dom]         DOM/AST nodes
[model]       Java model

Of course these prefixes are not mandatory while reporting a bug
and if you feel not comfortable with them or simply don't know
which one has to be put, you can omit it and let the bug owner
do it for you.

Cordialement/Regards,

Frédéric

Back to the top