Re: [jdt-core-dev] minor bug-fix contribution question

Simply file a bug with that request. To answer this right away, we think it would be a bug to add the return type there. Note that the @return tag doesn't has an argument like e.g. '@throws myException'. The correct content for @return would be a sentence like 'Returns the value or null'. We don't want to generate such sentences but prefer users to fill in the gap with something that makes sense. The curse of generated comments is that are often left as is and then are as valuable as no comment at all.

Martin

"Pete Looney" <PLooney@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/14/2004 12:31 AM

Please respond to
jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

<jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[jdt-core-dev] minor bug-fix contribution question

hello, all,

I have a (very) small bug-fix suggestion that I would like to
contribute, if it is worth the time.  Is this the appropriate forum for
such a thing?

The change is to:
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.corext.codemanipulation.StubUtility.insertTag()
.  Currently, it inserts the "@return" javadoc tag, but without
appending the return type.

Could someone help, or point the way for me?  Or even tell me if it's
too small a bug to worry about.

thanks,
Pete Looney