[jdt-core-dev] callbacks during compilation/check while editing source

Hi there,

Pardon me if this is the wrong list to ask this
question
but I was wondering if there was a mechanism within
eclipse that would allow you to get a hook into the
continuous check/compilation cycle that occurs when
you're in a java editor and you type some syntax and
it's immediately checked.

So if that's not entirely clear I'll give an example:

I have Foo.java.  I open it in eclipse and see
color coding and red squigglies.  I begin to type
some code.  After a few seconds eclipse validates that
syntax and provides red squigglies on anything that's
not valid or resolvable.  I'm wondering if there's a
hook there during that validation process where
something external could be invoked during that check
process?

Thanks,
-Michael