[jdt-core-dev] Fw: [platform-releng-dev] 3.0.1 and 3.1 stream branching plan

JDT/Core has now its 3.0.1 maintenance stream. "R3_0_maintenance" branch
has been created yesterday from version "R3_0" and updated with last fixes
done in HEAD for 3.0.1 bugs.
Last version for 3.0 development in HEAD stream was tagged:
"v_449a_head_before_30_maintenance".

This morning, JDK_1_5 stream was merged into HEAD and will no longer be
modified. It has been versionned with tag: "v_150_moved_back_to_HEAD".

So, 3.1 development (and then specific 1.5 features) is done in HEAD stream
from now. HEAD stream has been versionned just after the merge with tag:
"v_449b_head_after_JDK15_merge" to make this development break point easier
to identify (and allow rollback if any problem would be encountered...).

Cordialement/Regards,

Frédéric

----- Forwarded by Frederic Fusier/France/IBM on 07/01/2004 11:34 AM -----

platform-releng-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/30/2004 05:40:50 PM:

> Since some teams want to start releasing fixes destined for 3.0.1
> while others are doing work that will likely end up only in 3.1,
> we'll use a process similar to the one we used for 2.1:
>
> 3.1 stream
> - Release changes to HEAD and update map files in the HEAD stream of
> the org.eclipse.releng project.
>
> 3.0.1 maintenance stream
> - Create a branch of your affected projects using "R3_0_maintenance"
> as the branch name and "R3_0" as starting point for the branch. (The
> "R3_0" tag should already exist on all projects and contain the same
> content as the version specified in the map files in version R3_0 of
> org.eclipse.releng.)
> - Update the plug-in version to "3.0.1" in the plugin.xml if (and
> only if) the plug-in actually changes for 3.0.1.
> - Release changes to the maintenance stream builds by updating map
> files in the "R3_0_maintenance" branch of the org.eclipse.releng project.

> - I will create branches of org.eclipse.releng and all feature
> projects and update their feature versions to 3.0.1.
>
> Nightly builds from HEAD will resume on July 5.  The integration
> build schedules for the 3.1 and 3.0.1 streams will be worked out later.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sonia

Back to the top