Fw: [jdt-core-dev] Problem using Eclipse 3.0R for JDK1.5 features

Forgot to mention that you should enter specific defects in bugzilla, and
have their title prefixed with "[1.5]".

----- Forwarded by Philippe P Mulet/France/IBM on 06/25/2004 09:14 AM -----

             Philippe P
             Mulet/France/IBM
             06/25/2004 09:13          jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [jdt-core-dev] Problem using
                                       Eclipse 3.0R for JDK1.5 features
                                       (Document link: Philippe P Mulet)

The 1.5 support is work in progress. It is currently in an intermediate
state, and mostly reflect support for generics in compiler.
The rest of tools has not been leveraged yet (understand editor outline,
search, java model, etc...) and likely causes the symptoms you saw.
We are preparing a better version of Cheetah where editor outline and Java
model will handle generics.

             Tilak Mitra
             <tilak_m@xxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             jdt-core-dev-admi                                          cc
             n@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [jdt-core-dev] Problem using
             06/25/2004 06:58          Eclipse 3.0R for JDK1.5 features
             AM

             Please respond to
               jdt-core-dev

Hi,
I installed 3.0R Eclipse. I upgraded using the Cheetah
upgrade code.
I checked the Compiler Compliance to 1.5 mode.
Now when I try to write some java code that utilizes
the JDK 1.5 features, they dont work.
Specifically, while the line
ArrayList<Integer> list = new ArrayList<Integer)() ;
compiles, but the line
list.add(0,8) ; // gives syntax errors.

Also import static does not compile , System.printf
does not work.

In essence, I am not getting JDK 1.5 features (at
least the basic ones, like Generics , Autoboxing) to
work properly.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me in
this regard.

Thanks
Tilak