[jdt-core-dev] Problem using Eclipse 3.0R for JDK1.5 features

Hi,
I installed 3.0R Eclipse. I upgraded using the Cheetah
upgrade code.
I checked the Compiler Compliance to 1.5 mode.
Now when I try to write some java code that utilizes
the JDK 1.5 features, they dont work.
Specifically, while the line
ArrayList<Integer> list = new ArrayList<Integer)() ;
compiles, but the line
list.add(0,8) ; // gives syntax errors.

Also import static does not compile , System.printf
does not work.

In essence, I am not getting JDK 1.5 features (at
least the basic ones, like Generics , Autoboxing) to
work properly.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me in
this regard.

Thanks
Tilak