[jdt-core-dev] [1.5] JDT 1.5 update available - Cheetah 05

Dear 1.5 fans,

Due to investment on release 3.0 front, the Cheetah development has slowed
down a bit,
but we are still making progress. In particular, cast/instanceof operations
are now fully
supported, along with extra diagnosis for unsafe type operations. Explicit
parameterizations
of message sends and constructor calls are also supported.

Additionally, the new Cheetah does address the following defects:
62416 [1.5] An error has occurred when creating this (Java) editor
62292 [1.5] Missing receiver in parameterized message send
61507 [1.5] NPE in computeCompatibleMethod
60681 [1.5] Return type not strict enough
60563 [1.5] VerifyError when using generics and arrays
59258 Possibility to share compiler preferences for a shared project
60556 [1.5] Collections.unmodifiableList(List)
58978 [1.5] Generic method needs better error reporting
59983 [1.5] Internal compiler error
58903 [1.5] Implementing inherited generic methods

Please retrieve Cheetah05 from our update site, and find more info at:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/jdt-core-home/r3.0/main.html#updates

A recent integration build is required, since the Cheetah has absorbed the
latest API adjustments
from Eclipse main stream. Therefore, Cheetah04 requires build I20040514 or
better. The good new is
that the installation issued have been addressed in this integration build,
so installing the Cheetah
should now be easy.

As usual, if you find issues with it (and still, you should <g>), then
please
enter a bug report against JDT Core, where you prefix the problem title
with "[1.5]" so we can easily identify these issues; and please also
mention the version of the Cheetah you are riding (see Eclipse help about
plug-in details: e.g. Eclipse Java Development Tools Core 3.0.0.cheetah05).

The JDT Core team

Back to the top