RE: [jdt-core-dev] Compiler internals

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 09:12, Eric Bodden wrote:
> jdt-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx <> wrote:
>
> > No there is no documentation available at the moment on these topics.
> > For your information, our parser got generated using JikesPG.
>
> Hi! I am interested in the grammar -> Eclipse build process. Could you
> briefly describe how that is done (is it JikesPG only) and could you perhaps
> even point me to the grammar files being used for this?
>
> Thanks a lot for your time,
> Eric

Hi,

maybe this link is interesting for you:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/jdt-core-home/howto/generate%20parser/generateParser.html

But be warned that the JDT folk does not use a version of JikesPG which
is available to the public. I had a talk on the jikes mailinglist about
that. The JDT project uses a patched version which should be made
available soon. Without the patch, you cannot generate the grammar. I
posted a workaround for that on the Jikes bug site. If you are
interested, look into the jikespg bug category, it is the only open bug
at the moment.

Hope this will help,
Ingo

Back to the top