[jdt-core-dev] JikesPG problems

Hi,

in the howto "generate the parser" on the jdt core website, it is said
that the parser is generated with version 2.30 of LPG. To which version
of JikesPG does this corresond? 1.2 or 1.3?

I am asking because I cannot compile 1.2 but 1.3. But with 1.3
parser10.rsc cannot be created (ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException).

Some strange thing is that with CRLF line delimiters in the grammar
file, the generated javadef.java seems to be fine but parser10.rsc
cannot be created:

parser1.rsc creation complete
parser2.rsc creation complete
parser3.rsc creation complete
parser4.rsc creation complete
parser5.rsc creation complete
parser6.rsc creation complete
parser7.rsc creation complete
parser8.rsc creation complete
parser9.rsc creation complete
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
27069
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.buildFileOfIntFor(Parser.java:252)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.buildFilesFromLPG(Parser.java:441)
	at UpdateParserFiles.main(UpdateParserFiles.java:11)

Whereas with only LF line delimiters, START_STATE in javadef.java is
something very high (1919253530) but all resource files can be created
and the generated Parser throws a RuntimeException
(ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1919253530)

Where is the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ingo

Back to the top