[jdt-core-dev] Eclipse-conformant parser generator?

Hello!

I was just thinking about how the actual build process for the building the Java model works at the moment. Were all these classes coded by hand or do/did people any parser generators in order to build them?

I am just asking because I think it would be a great strategic advantage vor Eclipse over other IDEs if somebody had a tool could generate for any given input grammar a an appropriate parser / AST that is automatically Eclipse-conformant meaning it would conform to conding standards, automatically subclass / implement necessary superclasses / interfaces etc. I believe that would make thinks like e.g. the current development of the C++ model or AspectJ model much easier.

I think i general such a tool should not be too difficult to develop if somebody used ANTLR or something like that.

What do people think about that?

Eric Bodden
--
www.bodden.de