From: Jerome Lanneluc [mailto:jerome_lanneluc@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 12:09 PM
To: jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [jdt-core-dev] Concern about removal of unused import
preferences

Craig,

I confirm that javac will reject invalid imports, and I Marco said there is
no way to change this behavior with javac. So if your code compiles with
javac, it should compile with Eclipse/JDT (unless we have a bug of course :
-)

The reason for this option was to ease the transition for VA/Java users.
The VA/Jave compiler wrongly accepted invalid imports. However we realized
later that reporting an invalid import as a warning or ignoring it was
against the Java language specification. So this is why this option is now
removed.

Jerome

Back to the top