Re: [jdt-core-dev] How to resolve the qualified name of a type?

You might want to use DOM/AST APIs with binding resolution.

Therefore when you have a MethodDeclaration, it would be trivial to get it
method signature.

Olivier

                      "Robb, Sam"
                      <sam.robb@timesys.c        To:       <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      om>                        cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  [jdt-core-dev] How to resolve the qualified name of a type?
                      jdt-core-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      03/28/03 12:56 PM
                      Please respond to
                      jdt-core-dev

All,

  I'm currently in a situation where I need to generate the
internal type signatures that will be present in a compiled
class file.  That is, given a method declaration of:

    public void someFunction(String) { ... }

  I want to be able to generate a type signature similar to
that produced by the javap utility:

    (Ljava/lang/String;)V

  Querying an IMethod for the method signature under JDT returns
the following:

    (QString;)V

  What I'd like to know is if there is a straightforward method
of resolving a type name ("String") in the context of a method
declaration or compilation unit.

  I've spent a good part of the last two days going through the
JDT developer documentation and source, trying to figure out if
there's a reasonable way to do this, and so far, I've been drawing
a blank.

  Am I missing something?  Or is this kind of capability not
generally available in the current release of JDT?

-Samrobb