Re: [jdt-core-dev] Search highlighting

Since 1.0 there's a mark in the vertical ruler and in 2.1 streams you can
highlight the instances in the editor (see annotation preferences).

HTH
Dani

             "Frost, Gary
             [IT]"
             <Gary.Frost@ssmb.                                          To
             com.au>                   "'jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'"
             Sent by:                  <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             jdt-core-dev-admi                                          cc
             n@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [jdt-core-dev] Search highlighting
             14.02.2003 06:08

             Please respond to
             jdt-core-dev@ecli
                  pse.org

Hi,

I wondered if there are any plans to add functionality to the search
facility, what I'd love to see is a 'Highlight in editor' option so that if
I search for say 'Something' all instance of 'Something' will show up
highlighted where found in the source, that is if I am editing MyClass.java
and search for 'Something' all instances should show up with say a yellow
highlight mark.

It would make it very easy to then to visuallize the occurences without
having to 'Find next' each time.

Such functionality can be found in some other popular IDE's and I think
would make a good addition to Eclipse... I also suspect it's a "low hanging
fruit" :D

Just a thought
Gary