[jdt-core-dev] Re: Questions about the new Code Formatter

Hi,

Ok, Adam, we move the discussion to JDT/Core.

Yes, the new formatter will require a full compilation unit, because it is
working on an AST. You can still format a code snippet using the positions
before and after the formatting. If you want any kind of code snippets
without using positions, then we might want to discuss about it.

The new formatter will implement ICodeFormatter. This is the entry point we
have for the extension point.

My point for JDT/UI is to allow the user to choose what code formatter is
the default one in case there are multiple code formatters available.

Let us know what your problems or concerns can be. Why you didn't talk
about that when we sent messages about the new implementation of the code
formatter? You never asked to keep the possibility to format any kind of
code snippet.

Olivier

Back to the top