Re: [jdt-core-dev] SUN vs Eclispe compiler

From: "Philippe Mulet" <Philippe_Mulet@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jdt-core-dev] SUN vs Eclispe compiler
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:47:09 +0100
> But your first message was using the JDK-1.4.1 javac compiler, which is a
> JDK-1.4 compiler (even though using the '-source 1.3' option).

I use JDK1.4.1_01. Default sun's javac behavior is 1.3 compatible. I
copy from 1.4.1_01's javac man page:

     -source release
	     ... snip ....

              When release is set to 1.3, the compiler  does  not
              support  assertions.  The  compiler defaults to the
              1.3-behavior if the -source flag is not used.

> The Eclipse compiler is by default a JDK-1.3 level compiler.
> So a fair comparison is either javac 1.3 against Eclipse compiler,

I think it fair. I use eclipse compiler with 1.3 compatible
mode. JDK is same as sun's javac and rt.jar is same as sun's.

regards,

Takashi Okamoto

Back to the top