RE: [jdt-core-dev] Referendum about deprecation warnings

Good point. Note that in the case of implementing deprecated methods, no
complaint is issued if the implementation is itself tagged as deprecated.
This is why we want to generalize this behavior...

|         |           "Dave Wathen"      |
|         |           <dave.wathen@canzon|
|         |           et.com>            |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           jdt-core-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org        |
|         |           09/04/2002 12:01 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           jdt-core-dev       |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                       |
  |       To:       <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                                                             |
  |       Subject:  RE: [jdt-core-dev] Referendum about deprecation warnings                                              |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I think this is an excellent suggestion.

This should also apply to overriding deprecated methods which can be
a pain if you need to implement an interface that includes deprecated
methods.

I'd suggest that this should be an option as choice is usually a good
idea.  Consider for instance, if a later version of an interface
actually got around to removing a deprecated method the option could
be flipped to identify the locations of deprecated use/overriding of
the removed method (using the old  interface with the deprecated
method) so that the deprecated uses/overrides could be removed (and
then compiled against the new version of the interface).

Dave Wathen
Canzonet Limited
Phone: +44 (0)20 8660 5171
Mobile: +44 (0)7968 167934