From: jdt-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:jdt-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Philippe Mulet
Sent: 17 July 2002 09:49
To: Robert Klemme
Cc: jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jdt-core-dev] Re: Problems Recursive Dependencies

Would be interesting to see the actual test case. The compiler may indeed
require classfiles indirectly referenced by others you explicitly
reference.
But if so, I am wondering why we would need more than actually needed to
run (could be wrong, but would need the actual test case to assess).

When you say it compiled fine using Ant compile, which compiler did you use
in there ?

I believe there is little you can do, but trying to add the missing types
(or removing the reference path that leads to them - may be even harder).
We might want to figure exactly what is going on here, and investigate a
fix if proven to be a bug.

Could you please enter a bug report against JDT/Core with steps to
reproduce ?

                      Robert Klemme
                      <bob.news@xxxxxxx        To:
                      >                        cc:       "Mulet, Philippe"
<philippe_mulet@xxxxxxx>
                                               Subject:  Problems Recursive
Dependencies
                      07/17/2002 10:26
                      AM

hi,

obviously the eclipse compiler traverses the whole class
dependency graph even following dependencies introduced by used
jars.  i have now the problem that i use a jar from antlr which
referes some debug classes that i don't have available right
now.  (they seem to be internal and not for users of antlr.)  so
i cannot compile my project because i could not find a way to
convince eclipse to ignore these dependencies.  the project runs
just fine, when i use ant for compilation, i.e. the classes are
never used.

what can i do?  thank you for any hints.

kind regards

             robert