Re: [jdt-core-dev] Bug in F2??

Hi!

Building the projects was not the problem I was faced with: It was a debugging/running problem. I found the classpath settings to work for my particular problem - so it's not a severe problem for me anymore.

But it's an undesirable behaviour to end up with a stack overflow, forcing the user to exit eclipse, when running/debugging a 'cyclic project'-program.

Also, if you deliberately want to work with project cycles, you may want to
uncheck the 'stop building if invalid classpath' settings in the Java
compiler preferences (see Window>Preferences>Java>Compiler>Others>Stop
building when an invalid classpath is detected).

By default, build is prevented under these circumstances, and earlier we
wouldn't check for this issue, and likely build projects with thousands of
errors, when the only real problem was in the classpath.

Thanks,

 Chris

Back to the top