RE: [jdt-core-dev] Re: formatter

In 1.0 I created a code formatter that hooked into JIndent. Worked pretty
well (though it needed a property page).
It required a new JavaEditor subclass to hook in the formatter (and the
macro processor I wrote -- though the 2.0 templates are much better than the
macro processor I had, which was just like what VAJ provided).

Anyway, once I test and get it cleaned up for 2.0, I'll be posting the
formatter at the JIndent site. I'll probably also provide a simpler hook for
it in Instantiations' CodePro Studio (rather than requiring the choice of a
different Java editor).

A hook for code formatters and code assist extensions would be quite
welcome, though, and would make things quite a bit easier to implement...
-- Scott