[jdt-apt-dev] Removal of error markers

Hi,

I have a question about the expected behaviour regarding the moment at which an error marker is removed from the problems view. The question may seem a little pedantic, but I just need to nail down the expectations for a test scenario.

The question pertains to a project where "Build automatically" is turned off, and I'm comparing what I see for an APT generated marker with what happens for a Java compiler based error.

First, with a Java compiler error:

Action, Result

1) Introduce the error into the Java editor, error marker is added to editor, nothing in problems view
2) Save the file, no change
3) Build project, error marker is added to the problems view
4) Remove the error in the Java editor, marker in the editor is greyed out, no change in the problems view
5) save the file, no change,
6) Build the project, greyed out error marker removed from the editor, marker removed from the problems view.

Now, with an APT generated marker:

1) Introduce the error into the Java editor, error marker is added to editor, nothing in problems view
2) Save the file, no change
3) Build project, error marker is added to the problems view
4) Remove the error in the Java editor, marker in the editor is removed, no change in the problems view
5) Save the file, marker is removed from the problems view
6) Build the project, no change

So, adding the markers is the same in both cases (steps 1 through 3), but the APT markers seem to be removed more aggressively, with no greyed out stage in step 4 and the marker removed from the problems view immediately on save in step 5. Are these differences intentional and correct behaviour? Is it "just the way things are" and will be kept that way, or is this something that should and will/might change in the future?

As I said, I don't see this as anything other than a very minor usability oddity, so I'm not asking for a change. I just need to be able to specify the expected behaviour for a test scenario.

Many thanks,
James Kingdon

Back to the top