[jdt-apt-dev] EclipseCon 2008 Submissions System Open

Hi JDT'ers!

The EclipseCon 2008 submissions system is now open!

EclipseCon is March 17-20. and we have a Java track focussing on topics around Java and Java tooling.
I'd like to invite you all to hand in your talk and tutorial proposals.

All the details and the link to the submission system can be found here:
http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/index.php?page=submissions/

In the Java track we plan to have 4 long talks, 5 short talks and 3 tutorials and I hope we get an exciting mix of topics.

Here are some talk ideas:

JDT (Eclipse compiler, Java Core, UI, debugger and APT)
- what's new
- experience reports: how is JDT used in the real word, which JDT extensions are most valuable
- technical talk or tutorial: with interest for extenders, users or developers of other language toolkits
- the future of JDT, what's planed, what's missing

Tools extending JDT
- introduce tools extending JDT
- experience reports: which JDT extensions are most valuable
- Agile development with Java

Java language
- what's new
- what's coming up
- experience reports

Java like languages, Java related languages
- introduce tooling
- experience reports

Don't hesitate to hand in any kind of proposal.
Contact me if you to let me know what talk or tutorial you want to hear (and from who you'd like to hear it) or if
you have a preferred panel discussion topic.

Submission deadline is November 19 and we’ll be choosing the successful entries by December 10.

Martin Aeschlimann
JDT/UI lead, in charge of the EclipseCon Java track
martin_aeschlimann AT ch.ibm.com

Back to the top