[jakarta.ee-wg] Messaging for CodeOne/EclipseCon

Hi,

For JSF 3 the major theme is to remove legacy. The native managed bean system (deprecated in 2.3) and JSP support (deprecated in 2.0) will be fully removed.

Everything marked @Deprecated (some of that since JSF 1.2) will be removed too.

EE Security will likely add new additional authentication mechanisms (oath2, en oath2 based open connect Id), authorisation interceptors and authorization rules.

JASPIC and JACC will be clarified to not be user facing, but to be mostly intended as low level SPIs to support EE Security, other libraries and very advanced custom development. JACC will likely get a way to add authorisation modules from an archive and JASPIC may get a profile more directly targeted at JAX-RS.

We were thinking of requiring JACC and JASPIC implementations to provide a few basic implementations of its types, so users of those SPIs don’t have to code up *everything* from scratch. (Even advanced developers don’t like that ;)).

_expression_ language is fairly complete, but a few small gaps may be addressed such as a method _expression_ info type of some kind, and maybe some more fluent builder style types for the programmatic API.

I don’t speak directly for Concurrency, but I expect it to absorb some of the EJB Concurrency things such as @Asynchronous and the timer service, allow executor services to be defined via annotations, and more exactly specify what gets propagated to asynchronous tasks.

Kind regards,
Arjan