Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Plan for Batch Spec (JSR 352) in JakartaEE

Cheng, thank you for raising the subject and also for your interest and offer to contribute. That will be a huge help in moving this forwards (thank you too, Werner).

IBM is interested in continuing to advance the Java Batch specification and we are looking to be part of the follow-on "Jakarta EE 9" release (whatever it's named/versioned).

I've been following and IBM has been participating in the discussions surrounding the proposed Specification process and the associated "compatible implementations" (vs reference implementations): http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jakarta.ee-wg/msg00107.html. We plan to launch the new project under the terms of the new process(es) being developed now.

While I did create a group: https://javaee.groups.io/g/batch-spec it's still quiet and you're not missing anything there.

----

As far as carrying forward the issues from the jbatch java.net project, let me just make a quick note to save anyone the trouble of digging through Internet archives....

We did backup the mailing list and the official JSR 352 issues tracker (from the jbatch java.net project bugzilla) here:
https://github.com/WASdev/standards.jsr352.batch-spec/tree/master/java.net.backup
And we do intend to populate the new issue tracker, when launching the new project, from these issues.

As far as the issue tracker here: https://github.com/WASdev/standards.jsr352.batch-spec/issues this is mostly just spec document formatting and other project hygiene stuff.

Again, glad to hear of this interest, and look forward to starting this project relatively soon.

Scott Kurz
WebSphere Batch and Compute Grid
Development and Level 3 Team Lead
http://www.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/WebIndex/WP102544
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Werner Keil ---07/17/2018 12:49:33 PM---Not sure, if it's possible now, but if so, the Spec Lead/MainWerner Keil ---07/17/2018 12:49:33 PM---Not sure, if it's possible now, but if so, the Spec Lead/Maintenance Lead of the JSR would have to d